Shopping & Attractions in St. Petersburg & Tampa
Whether you are in town for business, leisure, or a mix of both, there is always something exciting to do in the St. Pete beach area. In addition to being located right on the beach for easy access to fun in the sun, Dolphin Beach Resort remains just 30 minutes from Tampa and everything it has to offer.
If you need some helpful suggestions on how to spend your time while staying at our hotel, feel free to ask our friendly staff of St. Pete Beach locals about their recommendations on entertainment options.
Local Shopping Opportunities
Located across the street from Dolphin Village Shopping Center, our hotel allows you convenient access to Restaurants and shopping opportunities in St. Pete Beach. Browse the boutiques and shops in the area and find the perfect souvenir to commemorate your stay in St. Pete! Local shops include:
- The Pier - more than a dozen boutiques and crafts shops
- P. Buckley Moss - museum-grade store carrying the works of local artists
- Red Cloud - Native-American crafts, including jewelry, headdresses, and art
- Sundial Shopping Plaza - Open-Air Shopping, Dining, & Entertainment Complex
- Haslam's Book Store - Florida's largest new and used book store
- The Florida Craftsmen Gallery – local jewelry, ceramics, woodwork, fiber works, glassware, paper creations, and metalwork
Experience the Thrills of Busch Gardens
Everyone loves the excitement of a good amusement park and Busch Gardens is one of the best. Located about 45 minutes away from our hotel and with rides for people of all ages, Busch Gardens is a must visit for the adventurous traveler. If Busch Gardens isn't your thing and you're looking to cool off, nearby Adventure Island Water Park is the place for you.
St. Pete Watersports
From parasailing over the beautiful waters of the gulf to cruising around on Jet Skis, there are several exciting watersport options in the St. Pete area. Enjoy onsite parasailing and cabana rentals from St. Pete Parasails or take a few lessons in windsurfing and stand-up paddle boarding at North Beach Windsurfing.
Additional Tourist Attractions
- Fort De Soto Park - 8.9 Miles
- Florida Holocaust Museum - 10 Miles
- The Dali Museum - 10.2 Miles
- Sunken Gardens - 11.6 Miles
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium - 21 Miles
- The Florida Aquarium - 30.7 Miles
- Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo - 35.5 Miles