Explore the St. Pete Area
Located right on beautiful St. Pete Beach, the Dolphin Beach Resort is right in the middle of all the local excitement. There are so many things to do in St. Pete Beach and St. Petersburg, that you can find something everyone in your group will love. Visit the historic open-air Post Office, which has been serving the area since 1917 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, to send a post card to loved ones back home. Visit one of the exciting aquariums in Clearwater or Tampa. Travel to St. Petersburg to enjoy your favorite sporting event or a concert at Tropicana Field. If craft breweries are your thing, St. Petersburg is the destination for you. Visit 3 Daughters Brewery, Green Bench Brewery, Cage Brewing, Cycle Brewing, St. Pete Brewing Company all in St. Petersburg or venture into Historic Ybor City and visit Cigar City Brewing.
Since we have a local trolley stop right in front of the hotel, travel is convenient for our guests. See the sights of the local area and choose several cool and interesting places to visit from the comfort of a trolley.
- Tropicana Field - 10.5 Miles
- Gulf Beaches History Museum – 2.5 Miles
- Shell Key Preserve – 2.8 Miles
- Boyd Hill Nature Trail – 6.5 Miles
- The Arts Center – 9.9 Miles
- The Chihuly Collection - 11.0 Miles
- Florida International Museum – 10.6 Miles
- Dali Museum -10.3 Miles
- Holocaust Museum 10 Miles
- St. Petersburg Municipal Marina – 10.7 Miles
- St. Petersburg Museum of History – 11.8 Miles
- Derby Lane – 18.1 Miles
Dolphin Cruises from St. Pete
Watch playful dolphins in their natural habitat when you book a trip with local dolphin tour companies like Adventure Cruises. On one of these exciting excursions, you'll get up close and personal with dolphins in the wild,while learning more about these unique and playful mammals.
Exciting Annual Events
Every new season brings something fun and exciting to St. Petersburg. View the list below for a few of our favorite annual events and festivals.
- January – St. Pete Beach Classic
- March – Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, PGA Tour’s Valspar Championship, Dunedin Highland Games and Festival
- April – Tampa Bay Blues Festival, Mainsail Art Festival
- June – St. Pete Pride
- August – Gulfport GeckoFest
- September – Clearwater Super Boat National Championship, St. Pete Oktoberfest
- October – Clearwater Jazz Holiday, John's Pass Seafood Festival